Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy - New Trailer & IMAX Footage Feels

The groovy attendee swag poster!

I had reservations about checking out the 17 minute GotG preview on Monday - I mean, at this point I usually stop watching clips and try to avoid TV Spots for movies I want see so there will be some surprises left. But I'm so glad I went...because while I sort of expected to see a meaningless jumble of action scenes - instead I got to experience an entire sequence (which I'm not going to spoil - you can find plenty of descriptions out there) that actually revealed character depth, showcased the film's quirky sarcastic humor, and then wrapped-up in a kickass action sequence...and it all just left me wanting to see more ASAP! Of course Rocket was undeniably awesome - but there was an unexpected charm to Dave Bautista's Drax. I'll definitely be there for the first available screening!

Also if you like 3D - the IMAX 3D was eye wateringly impressive - with a depth of image
notable in even the most static the head shots.

And here's the new trailer which also screened after the footage!



Select Rocket screencaps from the trailer...





...and first look at Michael Rooker as Yondu

No comments:

Post a Comment